Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bon Iver - Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub) [HQ]

I couldn't wait to post this. Courtesy foremost of the newly found Skeetbeatz, amongst other internet providers, I came across this mashed-rerub of one of my favorite musicians.

The Skinny: Justin Vernon, the front man for Bon Iver (French for 'Good Winter') released one of the most incredible albums I have ever heard, For Emma, Forever Ago in 2007. This album exploded. Even Peter Gabriel found one particular song ("Flume") so brilliant, he chose to cover it.

Now -- maybe Bon Iver is a one-and-done show, but let's hope not. I hear mixed reactions when I talk to people about what they think of his recent collaborations on the new Kanye West album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

But if there is anything that Bon Iver's work has done, it has indefinitely laid a musical foundation for many genres. (ie Peter Gabriel, Kanye West)...and now - - the mash culture. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment