Friday, February 25, 2011

Surface Thoughts & The Cosmic Soul & Funk Mix Hour.

People of the World: We gotta talk. First, I want to suggest you all try and cook up some Chicken Marsala. It is one of my favorite dishes and I find myself without hesitation when thinking of returning to the counter for plates 2, 3 & 4.

Secondly, bike riding with headphones is in. Running on concrete? Not gonna happen. If I haven't gone for a run in awhile, and I try to hammer out a 4-miler, my shin's will hate me for the better part of a month. So - biking it is. And it rocks. On recent bike rides, I have been listening to: Marc Cohn's 1970: Listening Booth (Marc Cohn is awesome, btw. He was the originator for 'Walkin' in Memphis').
I have also been listening to the latest single from the Fleet Foxes, "Helplessness Blues." I posted it a couple days ago. The song is very, very large in scope. And to round it up, some People Under the Stairs. Additionally, my good friend is attempting his first marathon soon. Follow his journey here: thetarahumarakid.blogspot.com .

Third: If you ain't on LinkedIn, change that. We gotta network, people. Help a brother out.

Fourth: NBA Trade Thoughts: Surprised that K. Perkins is out in Boston. And Nate Rob in an OKC jersey? Could be fun. He was never essential to the C's anyway.
I'm Not surprised about Melo. I don't have an Eastern team, but if I had a gun to my head - it would be the Knicks. I love Chauncey Billups. He goes hard in the paint and keeps getting looked over by figurehead sports analyst. Holla at me, Wilbon. Final East Prediction (s): Chris Paul is out of New Orleans after his contract. Who do I like in the East? After tonight, Chicago.

Let's Recap: Chicken Marsala, Biking with headphones (mountain bikes are more comfortable), LinkedIn, NYK may be back & Chicago looks solid. But Viva Los Spurs. Always. Enjoy these funk astroid jams. I gotta get some sleep.

In The Middle Of The Night (Dinner City Sounds, 12", 2011) by Volta Cab



Superman - Commodores (Hawk re-edit) by Hawk Edits




GENERAL CROOK - What Time It Is (BB edit) by Bill Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment