Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Spirit

After seeing Citizen Cope at Stubb's last spring, I came to realize that he was more of a performance artist as opposed to an entertainer. I'm not sure if that makes total sense, but he isn't the kind of artist that you go to sing-a-long with, or get fired up to, or passionately passionate about. Seeing Lissie the other night was a different story. She was so dynamic and authentic. I will have more to say about her later, along with some live footage. Also, I have some comments regarding her opening act - Dylan LeBlanc. He was absolutely awful live. Totally inept in terms of Sounding C.L.E.A.R....However, he is dynamite in terms of what he can do in a studio. I also feel as though he ripped off the song "Wings" by Gustavo Santaolalla (which I posted at an earlier date), which I am highly upset about. "Wings" was the title score to Brokeback Mountain. I have more to say, but I am maliciously hungover and trying to organize a volleyball competition for this afternoon, seeing as how the weather is magnificent today in Central Texas.

BTW, this song below kills - but was meant to be performed in a studio - as opposed to live. It is the last-track-back-track to "Somehow," but "John Lennon" packs a passion punch, which I dig.


No comments:

Post a Comment